It's the weekend!!... So what's on out and around the Milton Keynes area for you to get involved in? (lots, is the answer!)...
- Friends of St. Lawrence in Broughton are holding a talk on 'Medieval villages of Milton Keynes'. An interesting talk from Helen Jones for all those of you interested in history and maybe wondering what Milton Keynes was like back in the day before it was a city. Followed by tea and cake, tickets are just £8. The event will be held at St. Lawrence church in Broughton, starting at 3pm.
- Over at Yardley Hastings Memorial Hall from 7.30pm (starting at 8pm), there's a cheese and wine evening, including music and dancing to the Gary Wood Swing Band. Tickets are £15 which includes a bottle of wine and a cheese board. Other than that please bring your own drinks and glasses. All proceeds to the Poppy Appeal.
- Olney's community choir are singing at Cowper memorial United Reformed Church, High Street, Olney. Doors open 6.30pm for a 7pm start. Tickets cost £5 with all proceeds going to Advantage Africa.
- Age UK are holding a family fun day at Age UK Milton Keynes, The Peartree Centre. 11am-5pm. The event will including stilt walking, Samba band, crafts, pizza cook-off, face painting, raffles, refreshments and a plant sale. All proceeds to Age UK Milton Keynes and Festive Road.
- The Cowper and Newton Museum at night: Come and see the museum at night! From 6.30pm-8.30pm, entry is £6, which includes wine and entertainment. Visit the museum and lamp-lit garden to raise money for the summer house. Follow a lantern-lit pathway through the gardens, via a gate to William Cowper's Summer House 'secured for the nation.' Inside the museum with a glass of wine, listen to music and learn more about the summer house's history from a talk by Lisa Gee.
- MK Cat's protection annual spring fayre is on from 11am-2pm and is being held at the United Reformed Church, High Street, Newport Pagnell.
There's much more on other than this, and if the weather's nice a walk around one of Milton Keynes' many parks, lakes or woodland areas is an easy and enjoyable option for a sunny Saturday afternoon! Enjoy yourself this weekend!