Why not get inspired to try tap dancing on this national day of tap dancing?! We've had a search for some of the local dance schools in the area if you fancied it...
- The Olney School of Dancing - Ballet and Tap Dancing classes for children and adults. The Olney School of Dancing is a well established dancing school which holds a range of classes in both ballet and tap dancing . Children can be entered for the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing examinations in tap dance.
- Sue Coles School of Dance - The school follows the I.S.T.D. syllabus, with classes from Primary through to Advanced standard. The children and students can work towards a graded examination if they wish to. An Adult Advanced class is also available.
- Leanne Hughes Theatre School - We offer weekly classes in ISTD Ballet, Tap, Modern dance, as well as classes in Jazz and Musical Theatre. Weekly adult classes are also held in Ballet, Tap and Modern and are suitable for all levels.
- Diamond School of Performing Arts - Diamond School of Performing Arts runs classes in Newport Pagnell Youth Club. Classes include Drama, Singing, Musical Theatre, Ballet, Tap, Freestyle and Hiphop. Diamond Students get so many wonderful opportunities including professional work (film, television, theatre, radio and modelling), performances at numerous charity, community and corporate events plus we have 2 school shows per year – our Review Show in June and a full scale production in October.
- Arts1 School of performance - Classes from aged 4 up to adult. Learn the technique and step sequences often seen in Musicals in the West-End and Broadway and in films of the Golden era of musical theatre in a class led by a fully qualified ISTD tap teacher. Students take part in a nationally recognised and accredited exam syllabus, learning choreographed sequences and exercises focused on developing rhythm, muscularity, musicality, co-ordination and performance technique.
This is just a small selection, but there are clearly lots of places to learn tap dancing in the local area! Why not get on those dancing shoes and give it a shot?!