We've got a few unusual facts about Easter to entertain you while you relax...
- The largest Easter egg hunt took place in Florida, and involved finding over 500,000 eggs
- The average child gets over £50 worth of Easter eggs from family and friends
- The UK's first chocolate Easter egg was made in 1873 by Fry's of Bristol
- 19% of children reckon they make themselves ill by eating too much chocolate over the Easter holidays
- In the past, pretzels were associated with Easter because the twists were thought to resemble arms crossing in prayer
- In medieval times, a festival of egg-throwing was held in church where the priest would throw a hard-boiled egg to one of the choirboys. It was then thrown between the choirboys, until the clock struck 12. Whoever had the egg at this point was the winner and would keep the egg.
- When people eat an Easter bunny, 76% bite off the ears first...
However you celebrate Easter weekend, have a great time, just try not to get sick from eating too much chocolate!