With Christmas having been and gone, the next big social event on the calendar is New Year's Eve. If you got a bit carried away with Christmas preparations and haven't made any New Year's Eve plans, we've got a few ideas for a last minute New Year!
- Tag along to someone else's plans: Your first stop when looking for a last minute New Year's eve arrangement, see what family and friends have planned and see if you can tag along!
- Hotel party: There are numerous hotel New Year parties across Milton Keynes, and they're always sure to provide great food and entertainment, but usually at a pretty hefty cost. There may still be some tickets about, a simple google search should sort you out if you want to chance it!
- Find a local 'do': Churches, village halls and community groups often hold New Year's eve parties which are open to the local community. Again, a google search should find you some. In Olney there's a party at Lavendon Village hall with a 7.30pm for 8pm start, with music and a two-course meal for £14. Bring your own drinks and glasses. Also, the Bull Inn Olney are having a New Year's party at £20 a ticket with a buffet, disco and some great drinks prices on the night.
- House party: Why not invite some friends and family round and have whatever type of party you want! Whether it be a fancy dress party, come dine with me night, games night etc., there's no reason why you can't have a great night in and avoid some of the high drinks prices that are typically enforced on New Year's eve.
- If all else fails and you're stuck for ideas, head over to any bar or pub and you're sure to find a buzzing atmosphere to see in the New Year!
The biggest thing about New Year's eve is who you spend it with, so don't get too worried about trying to find that "big event". If you're not the partying type and like to get your beauty sleep, it probably won't be too different to any other day for you, but if you are, with the right people you're sure to have a great night no matter what you do! Whether it's been a good year or you're glad to see the back of it, let's welcome in 2015 and make it a good one from the start! Happy New Year!